Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Model Noemie Lenoir Opens Up About Her Suicide Attempt

On May 9, 2010, Noemie Lenoir was found passed out and unconscious, after a suspected suicide attempt in a park near her home in Paris. She was rushed to hospital where large quantities of drugs and alcohol were found in her system. Prior to this terrible event, Lenoir was a very successful french super model, and  modeled for companies such as, Gap, Victoria's Secret and Next. Because of her fame from modeling, he suicide attempt gained huge media coverage and people have been seeking answers from the model to find out what went wrong in her almost flawless looking life. 

Now almost a year later after she tried taking her life, Lenoir finally feels like she can open up about the terrible event.


“Last May, I did something really, really stupid. I had been living in New York and I moved back to Paris, to try again with the father of my son."




Noemie has a 6-year-old son with her footballer ex-boyfriend, Claude Makélélé. She adds:
"It was a big change. I wasn't so healthy in Paris… I couldn't find a gym, and exercise is important to me because I am very hyper. I came straight from New York to living in Claude's house, and I really wanted it to work, and it didn't work out. He hurt me… so I decided… I don't know how to say this. It was like a bad, bad depression, a very deep depression. I felt really alone.
It wasn't just like, 'I'm here, don't ignore me.' Nothing like that. I really thought I wanted… I decided to… "
And she continues to answer the question of, how could she leave her baby behind, with:
"People say, 'How could she do it, how could she try and kill herself, didn't she think about her son?' But they don't understand. I love my son so much. But I didn't think I was good enough, I thought I was poison. Poison for me and poison for him. When I was depressed I felt like I was poisoning his life by being in it. I thought he would be better with his dad and my mum to look after him. I didn't realise I was hurting anyone, until I woke up in the hospital and saw my mum crying."


Noemie was very lucky that she was saved in time, for her sake, as well as all of those she would of left behind. I hope she continues to get help to battle her depression, and keeps getting well. 


If you or anyone you know is batteling dresstion visit this website: http://www.hopefordepression.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment